Imagine for a second how relaxation would come naturally at seeing your home completely redone, with much more space, new colors on the walls, a great kitchen to enjoy cooking and maybe a new bathtub to take a relaxing bath after work with no worries. Absolutely nice, ain’t it? Well, with your savings you can get a limo service Naperville and have your husband take you around town 🙂 (Just sayin’)
Well, renovating is living, and you can not deny that the energy with which you think, feel and contemplate a place after a renovation, makes you feel more alive, It makes us feel newer ourselves. This is the main reason to begin revamping home, but in addition to this advantage, there are many others involved not only in our emotional well-being but economical too. (You loved this last sentence, didn’t you?)
Well, let me give you a short introduction to the dream that can be a reality!
In the past, an owner could buy a new home for less money than what he had could spent on remodeling the existing one, but currently it is the opposite. The reason? An increasing number of homeowners are planning remodeling projects around the house to make their living spaces more habitable.
If you are considering to add more space to your house, or make it more environmentally friendly and energy efficient, here’s why it’s a good time to invest in a home remodeling.
- Reduce costs of home remodeling. You can get more for your money by investing in a home remodeling. Since the new construction, remodeling rooms, a new kitchen, etc., is being awaited by many homeowners, home remodeling offers are more competitive. Industry experts say that home remodeling costs decreased by 20-30% in the past years.
- Reduce costs on energy bills. Many homeowners have struggled to reduce the cost of heating and cooling their homes because of the rising of energy costs in the last years.
At the same time, there have been new innovations in the design of energy-efficient homes. Let’s take advantage of these new technologies and the benefits they represent for remodeling your entire house, and you’ll see how costs associated with household expenses will decrease.
- Taxes. Many homeowners do not take into account that a renovation of the entire house will increase the value of their home, and, also, increase their property taxes, so keep in mind that, however, home values remain low at this time, so facing the fact of remodeling your entire house, it is unlikely that it will drastically affect your property taxes – at least not until the market recovers.
- The remodeling market. Although the current market conditions are ideal for home remodeling, the construction industry will recover eventually. The cost that a home renovation would represent is much more accessible than it used to be before so budgets of homeowners are loosening… There is no reason to delay remodeling your entire house!
- Sales will be easier when the tide goes down. When the housing market finally improves, you will be able to take advantage of it, increasing the value of your home. Think that if you wait more than what you should to do a remodeling of the entire house, you can get caught without the adequate preparation if the market moves.
You can also find that home designers are overworked and unable to complete the project within the timeline and, in addition, buyers could assume that remodeling was made just for a quick sale, not a whole house remodel made years ago that would be the perfect reflection of the actual care of it.
Remodeling has always been one of the most common dreams of homeowners, and I know you’re not the exception. So it’s time to dust off your home remodeling plans and start designing your dream home!